FRESHNESS ONLY

My photo
It is my hope to create seductive forms, and surfaces that make you want to touch, learn, and experience the unfamiliar. Here you will find my inspiration as well as snapshots from my creative journey; Delightful morsels of beauty, history, mystery, and truth. Enjoy. And pass it on...

2.22.2011

Pop Art Money

So I'm taking this Gallery Production class for those who don't know, at Santa Ana College. Our Class was asked to create a mural as an advertisement for the Robert Dowd (1936-1995) show: Pop Art Money. Dowd was one of the original Los Angeles Pop Artists. His paintings of money and postage stamps were at the center of the California Pop Art movement of the 1960s. 
I think the mural came out fabulously! 
Strong work everyone! 









Muralists:
Chris Galaviz (Director)
 Allen Martinez
Courtney Crews
Samantha Varela
Eloisa Bordador
Noe Huizar
Sara Aguilera

Please join us this week as Santa Ana College presents:
 Robert Dowd: Pop Art Money 
via the private collection of Los Angeles collectors, Joan and Jack Quinn
Opening Reception, Wednesday February 23, 7:30-9:00 p.m.

3 comments:

Desiree Martinez said...

Wow, The mural came out great. You all did a wonderful job... keep up the good work. I am excited to see more in the future.

Eloisa said...

Hi Sara! Well done on the documentation! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with this Sara! And all of you made an amazingly sophisticated mural for this show. You forgot Noe Huizar who also assisted on the mural. You guys are incredible! Caroline